Institutional Repositories of Law Schools around the World
- DASH: Digital Access to Scholarship at Harvard : Digital Access to Scholarship at Harvard (DASH) is a central, open-access repository of research by members of the Harvard community.
- DigitalCommons@COD (College of DuPage) : DigitalCommons@COD is an open-access repository maintained by the College of DuPage Library that collects, preserves, and showcases scholarly, educational, and creative works created by the COD community. This Repository facilitates the global discovery of and access to COD’s intellectual output while providing a stable, long-term home for digital scholarship.
- DigitalCommons@Fayetteville State University : The Repository is a service of the Fayetteville State University libraries. Research and scholarly output included here have been selected and deposited by the individual university departments and center on campus.
- Digital Commons @ IWU (Illinois Wesleyan University) : Digital Commons @ Illinois Wesleyan University (DC@IWU) reflects the nature of the intellectual, creative, and scholarly culture of our campus. DC@IWU serves as the central location for outstanding student work, faculty scholarship, University records, and campus history.
- DigitalCommons@University of Nebraske - Lincoln : The Repository is a collaborative service of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln libraries. Faculty, researchers, and students associated with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln are invited to deposit digital materials for long-term preservation and worldwide electronic accessibility.
- Digital Scholarship @ Tennessee State University : The Repository is a service of the Tennessee State University libraries. Research and scholarly output included here has been reviewed, approved, and deposited by the individual university departments and centers on campus
- DiscoverArchive (Vanderbilt University) : DiscoverArchive, Vanderbilt University’s digital Repository, provides open access to faculty scholarly work, preserves historically significant digital materials, and supports the University in scholarly communications and the dissemination of knowledge. Faculty, researchers, staff, and students are invited to contribute digital articles to ensure long term preservation and access.
- eCommons (Loyola University Chicago) : Loyola eCommons is an open-access, sustainable, and secure resource created to preserve and provide access to research, scholarship, and creative works created by the university community for the benefit of Loyola students, faculty, staff, and the larger world.
- EERL Environmental & Energy Resources Library (Eastern Iowa Community Colleges) : EERL’s mission is to be the best possible online collection of environmental and energy sustainability resources for community college educators and for their students. The resources are also available for practitioners and the public.
- Huskie Commons (Northern Illinois University) : This is a digital service that collects, preserves, and distributes digital material from scholars within the Northern Illinois University Community.
- Iowa Research Online (The University of Iowa) : Iowa Research Online preserves and provides access to the research and scholarship created by the University of Iowa’s faculty, students, and staff. The research papers, theses, dissertations, books, conference presentations, journals, and multimedia here represent Iowa’s rich intellectual and cultural community.
- issuelab (Foundation Center) : IssueLab, a service of the Foundation Center, works to more effectively gather, index, and share the collective intelligence of the social sector. We provide free access to thousands of case studies, evaluations, white papers, and issue briefs addressing some of the world’s most pressing social problems.
- K-REx: K-State Research Exchange (Kansas State University) : The K-State Research Exchange (K-REx) provides a platform to collect, preserve, and discover the creative and scholarly works of K-State students, staff, and faculty; it also houses K-State’s digitized historical documents and images from the University Archives and Special Collections. K-REx raises the prestige of K-State’s scholarly output, increases scholarly communication, and makes materials more widely available.
- The Keep: Eastern Illinois University : The Keep is an open access archive of the scholarship, creative output and administrative records of Eastern Illinois University.
- KU ScholarWorks (University of Kansas) : KU ScholarWorks is the digital Repository of the University of Kansas. It contains scholarly work created by KU faculty, staff and students, as well as material from the University Archives. KU ScholarWorks makes important research and historical items available to a wider audience and helps assure their long-term preservation.
- Lake Forest College Publications : This site is a service of Lake Forest College Library and Information Technology. It contains selected digital collections of Lake Forest College.
- NWCommons : NWCommons is an institutional repository for Northwestern College. The Repository’s purpose is to provide open access to a number of different types of publications for faculty, staff, and students of the College as well as to highlight and promote the College’s academic achievements to its larger Christian, academic communities.
- OpenSIUC: Southern Illinois University : OpenSIUC is an institutional repository offering permanent, reliable, and free access to research and scholarly material produced at Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
- SCHOLARSPACE@ JCCC : The Repository is a service of the Johnson County Community College libraries. Research and scholarly output included here has been selected and deposited by the individual university departments and centers on campus.
- SCHOLARSPACE @ JCCC: Johnson County Community College : The Repository is a service of the Johnson County Community College libraries. Research and scholarly output included here has been selected and deposited by the individual university departments and centers on campus.
- SelectedWorks @ Oaklahoma City University School of Law : Welcome to the SelectedWorks of the Oklahoma City University School of Law. Our collection features faculty scholarship covering a broad range of legal topics.
- SHAREOK (Joint project between University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State) : SHAREOK is the joint institutional Repository for the University of Oklahoma Libraries (OU) and Oklahoma State University Libraries (OSU). It serves as the home for the intellectual output of both communities, and will ultimately include digital dissertations, faculty publications, digital special collections, open access publications, open educational resources and much more.
- SOAR: Shocker Open Access Repository (Wichita State University) : SOAR is the institutional Repository of Wichita State University. The purpose of SOAR is to make the University’s digital scholarship available to global audience and to serve as a reliable digital storage. SOAR has a dual function of a publication platform and a digital archive. University faculty and staff are invited to publish research works, data, or documents in SOAR.
- Spark: Scholarship at Parkland (Parlkand College) : SPARK is Parkland College’s open-access digital Repository. It is the home of the rich body of scholarly and creative work of Parkland College students, faculty, administration, and staff. SPARK promotes and showcases these works, and facilitates their global discovery.
- TopSCHOLAR (Western Kentucky University) : TopSCHOLAR® is a digital repository and publishing platform that provides open access to scholarly works created by the faculty, students, and staff of Western Kentucky University. It ensures that the intellectual output of WKU is archived and shared worldwide. The SelectedWorks faculty pages profile faculty publications and achievements.
- Trace: Tennessee Research and Create Exchange (University of Tennessee Knoxville) : Trace is a University of Tennessee digital archive that showcases and preserves published and unpublished works by faculty, departments, programs, research centers, and institutes. Free online access via Trace makes UT research, scholarship and public service easily discoverable anywhere in the world.
- UIC Indigo (University of Illinois at Chicago) : INDIGO makes UIC’s scholarly Intellectual property in DIGital form available online in an Open environment.
- UKnowledge (University of Kentucky) : UKnowledge is a digital collection of unique scholarship created by University of Kentucky faculty, staff, students, departments, research centers, and administration.
- Via Sapientiae (DePaul University) : Via Sapientiae supports DePaul’s goal of academic enhancement by collecting, organizing, and providing open access to scholarly works produced by the University’s faculty, staff, centers, institutes, and students. Via Sapientiae also showcases DePaul’s unique Vincentian heritage materials.
- Washington University Open Scholarship : The Open Scholarship repository is a service of the Washington University in St. Louis libraries to provide free access to the scholarly output of the University. See the About and FAQ pages for links to details on mission, content and contributing.
OPEN ACCESS BOOKS
Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
DOAB aims to increase discoverability open access books. All publishers included in DOAB are screened for their peer review and licensing policies. DOAB contains around 1000 books with a law subject heading.
OAPEN: Open Access Publishing in European Networks
The OAPEN library contains freely accessible academic books, mainly in the areas of humanities and social sciences. Law books included cover the areas of international law, jurisprudence and general issues, and laws of specific jurisdictions.
OBserving Law - IALS Open Book Service for Law
OBserving Law is an open access book publishing initiative developed with the School of Advanced Study and the University of London Press.
Sydney University Press Law books on AustLII
The Australian Legal Information Institute (AustLII) has a page listing a number of open access law books published by the Sydney University Press .
OPEN ACCESS JOURNALS
Australasian Legal Scholarship Library: Journals
The Australasian Legal Scholarship Library includes 141 law journals published in Australia and 13 published in New Zealand. Some of the journals only provide their archives on an open access basis, but others provide current content. The Library is part of the Australasian Legal Information Institute (AustLII).
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
DOAJ is a collection of peer-reviewed open access journals from all around the world, including more than 250 law titles.
Law Review Commons
Law Review Commons is the largest collection of open access law journals. It brings together more than 300 OA law journals published by US universities and a few Canadian universities.
OPEN ACCESS LAW THESES AND DISSERTATIONS
DART- Europe E-theses portal
The DART Europe E-theses portal offers online access to theses provided by a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
The British Library’s Electronic Theses Online System (EThOS) aims to open access to UK theses in many disciplines, including law. Many theses are available in full-text as pdf documents. Those not yet available in full-text may be requested.
NDLTD Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations
NDLTD is a collection of electronic theses and dissertations provided through links to university and institutional repositories that include theses and dissertations in full text. Information is drawn from over 160 NDLTD member institutions from countries and jurisdictions including the USA, South America, China, the UK, Singapore and South Africa.
PQDT Open from ProQuest provides the full text of selected open access dissertations and theses free of charge. The documents are available in PDF format.
Trove is a National Library of Australia service giving access to doctoral, masters and some honours theses from Australian and New Zealand universities and others higher degree institutions. Trove also includes some theses awarded overseas but held by Australian institutions.